Frequent burping after eating is a symptom that makes many people worry that it is due to indigestion. Excess acid in the stomach Or is it because of acid reflux disease ?
Frequent burping is a sign of what disease?
Frequent burping after eating may be caused by eating too quickly. Eating too much to the point of indigestion In addition, frequent burping after eating can be a sign of diseases such as gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis such as peptic ulcer disease. Gallstones in the gallbladder Or it may sound like cancer in the abdominal cavity such as stomach cancer or colon cancer when there are frequent belching symptoms. The first thing that everyone thinks of is indigestion. But the symptoms of indigestion are similar to the symptoms of acid reflux. We have a way to notice the differences as follows.
Just indigestion or acid reflux.
Symptoms of indigestion are as follows
- have bloating
- Feeling tight in the stomach
- have gas in the stomach
- Burp often
- May have nausea and want to vomit.
- upper stomach pain
But if you burp frequently, feel nauseous, want to vomit, and also have these symptoms, it may mean acid reflux.
- burning sensation in the chest Colic under the epigastric area
- Sour burp due to acid in the stomach because food has a sour taste. or breathing smells
- Hoarseness, chronic cough, or asthma symptoms This is because acid reflux irritates the pharynx, larynx, or windpipe.
- Chest pain, difficulty breathing
How to cure frequent burping caused by indigestion
- Adjust lifestyle habits Indigestion is often caused by eating habits. That is, eating too much eat too quickly Eat foods that are high in fat. Eating food at the wrong time or drink soft drinks drinking too much alcohol If you can adjust your eating habits, it will help improve the symptoms of frequent burping. There is no need to rely on medicine alone. Just eat more slowly. Eat the right amount And eating food that is good for your health will help with frequent burping. Because indigestion has improved.
- Use of medicine Medicines used to treat indigestion It’s like antacids. Or if it’s an antibiotic, for example amoxicillin (Amoxicillin) and metronidazole (Metronidazole) is a medicine that helps with digestion. Precautions are You should not buy medicine to take yourself without consulting a doctor.
How to cure frequent burping caused by acid reflux
- Adjust lifestyle habits The food we eat every day is one of the causes of GERD. So, how to fix frequent burping due to acid reflux? This can be done by adjusting your eating habits, that is, saying goodbye to foods that are high in fat. alcoholic beverages Foods that are too sweet, spicy, or salty, in addition to eating habits Still have smoking habits If you can quit smoking, it will help reduce your risk of developing acid reflux. and reduce symptoms of frequent burping as well
- Use of medicine If you have adjusted your eating habits but your frequent burping symptoms have not improved. You may use medicine such as Antacids in the class of histamine blockers type 2 (H2 Blockers) such as cimetidine, famotidine, and proton pump inhibitors (Proton ) pump inhibitors) such as omeprazole (omeprazole) caution is You should not buy acid reflux medicine to take yourself without consulting a doctor. Because it may be dangerous as a side effect from the medicine.
When should I see a doctor?
- Take antacids or medicines to relieve chest burning symptoms more than 2 times a week.
- Have regular symptoms of acid reflux
- Vomiting continuously without stopping
- I have a lot of stomach pain.
- Chest pain, shortness of breath, or arm pain.